Youth Justice Report 2021
This report examines Jersey's system of Parish Hall Enquiries (PHEs) through the lens of the Island's commitments to the UNCRC. The research that sits behind it was carried out under Article 5 of the Commissioner for Children and Young People (Jersey) Law 2019, and included interviews, engagement with children and young people and observations of PHEs, as well as desk-based research.
The report's aim is to examine the extent to which the current PHE system satisfies the requirements of the UNCRC in relation to diversion. It was commissioned by the Children’s Commissioner for Jersey and authored by Dr Elina Steinerte. The report makes a number of recommendations.
Thank you to all of the children and young people who took part in this piece of research.« Back to Research, papers and resources
- Annual reports
- Call for written evidence
- Legislative Gap Analysis
- Performance and governance
- Reporting to the UN Committee
- Research, papers and resources
- Responses and advice to Government and Scrutiny
- Strategies and plans
- UN Day of General Discussion
- Youth Manifesto 2022
- Help your child with storm anxiety